Welcome to Therapy Dog Talk!
I’m really looking forward to having you on the podcast to share your experiences with the Therapy Dog Talk community.
Setting the Stage
There’s a few things we need to do before our Live and this page will guide you through that process:
- Get to know me so you don’t feel like you’re talking to a stranger.
- Understand the recording process so you feel prepared.
- Let me know if there’s anything specific you want to talk about.
- Submit a photo of you and your pet(s) that I can use for the graphics.
- Agree to the media release so that I can share your episode and photo.
About the Host
If we haven’t really met yet, my name is Sherrie and I’m a Certified Animal-Assisted Intervention Specialist, Pro Dog Trainer and graduated with my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. I have two dogs, Sunny and Rylie, who I’m casually training towards becoming Therapy Dogs, if they so choose. My goal is for them to join me in Animal-Assisted Play Therapy, but all three of us have a ways to go on our journey so we are taking our time along the way.
If you want to know more, you can check out my about page, LinkedIn or simply reach out and ask. I’m usually an open book, but on the podcast I like to focus on your story rather than my own because you’re the one who people want to hear from! It’s about you.
About the Recording
I record Therapy Dog Talk via Instagram Live. If you haven’t gone live on Instagram before, there’s a few things you’ll want to know.
Planning for the Live
- Make sure your Instagram app is on the latest version.
- You will need to join from a mobile or tablet device and be in portrait/vertical mode. I recommend using a tripod, or makeshift tripod out of household objects.
- Please be in a quiet location where you have a strong internet connection.
- Your pets are welcome but not required.
- I will share a graphic on @therapydogtalk approximately the Tuesday before our scheduled live. When I do, I’ll invite you as a collaborator. You can accept this from your DMs for the post to also appear on your page to make it easier for your followers to find us and set a reminder.
Joining the Live
- It will be helpful to follow @therapydogtalk, tho technically not required.
- I will check in with you via direct message on Instagram 2-3 minutes before we go live.
- Once I am live, you will see me in the top of your friend feed up by the story highlights. Click as if you are watching the Live.
- Once you are watching the Live, you will be able to Request to Join.
During the Live
- I will watch the comments for us to bring in any relevant Q&A.
- If you haven’t done an Instagram Live before, and you’re feeling nervous, please feel free to pretend it’s just you and I grabbing a coffee to talk about your experiences with your pet(s).
After the Live
- After we record, I will download our conversation, edit it, and upload it to the Therapy Dog Talk podcast.
- I will also add the video of our conversation to the Therapy Dog Talk YouTube account.
- I will also create a blog post for your episode which you can find here in the Therapy Dog Talk archive. The podcast and YouTube video will be embedded on this page. You can share this link on your media page or with your followers.
- At some point, I will also enact additional promotional activities such as uploading a clip to Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts and Pinterest.
I made this screen recording for you in case you’re a visual learner like me.
Photo and Media Release
I’m looking forward to going live with you! Please provide a photo that I can use for the promotional graphics and agree to the media release below. If there’s anything you’d like to make sure we talk about, please mention it below.
The Therapy Dog Talk Podcast
Weekly conversations with Therapy Dog teams and researchers: